Monday, March 1, 2010

History of where we die.

I had a discussion with a few buyers that stopped by my isting last Sunday at 785 Cindy Lane in the Livermore Valley. They had a concern that the former owner died in the house. They had reservations about that and the fact that there was a little odor from the deceased. She was not found for almost a week. Wew!

It occurred to me that 150 years ago, it would have been out of the ordinary for most people to have been born and died anywhere but their home.

I wonder why we as a society have a negative feeling about death in a home? Some have issues only if it was a violent death. Natural causes are OK.

Personaly I stop at the front door, say a few words, wish that the deceased is in a better place, one without pain, then go in and do my job.

No comments: